Critical point dryer, 240V
The K850 critical point dryer is designed for use with CO2 having first replaced any water in the specimen by a series of dehydrations, often in the same fluid such as acetone, which will also be the intermediate fluid.
(Wet specimen) - Water - Acetone - 30% - 100% - CO2 - C.P.D. - (Dry Specimen)
The specimens for critical point drying are located in the pressure chamber of the K850. The chamber is pre-cooled to allow it to be readily filled with liquid CO2 from a gas cylinder. The chamber is then heated to just above the critical temperature with a subsequent critical pressure being achieved. The CO2 gas is vented through a needle valve, to avoid specimen distortion.
The K850 is fitted with thermoelectric heating and improved adiabatic cooling and temperature control of 5 deg. C on cooling and 35 deg. C on heating. This ensures the critical point is accurately obtained, avoiding excess pressures or temperatures or the need to rely on pressure relief valves to control pressure during the heating cycle. The chamber is vertical, with top loading, to ensure specimens do not become uncovered during the drying process. A side viewing port shows minimum and maximum level marks and the meniscus for the correct level when initially filling the chamber.
- Vertical Chamber with Top Filling and Bottom Draining.
- Normal Operating Temperature 35 deg. C Pressure 1350 psi. (Crit. Temp. 31 deg. C Crit. Press. 1100 p.s.i.
- Adiabatic Cooling and Thermoelectric Heating.
- Fine Control Needle Valve Pressure Letdown (Flow Gauge Monitor OPTION.)
- Illuminated Chamber with Side Viewing Port and Protective 'Lexan' Shield.
- Stirrer System for Enhanced Solvent Exchange.
- Temperature Monitoring and Control with Thermal Cut-out Protection.
- Pressure Monitoring with Safety cut-out for Over Pressure.
- Instrument - Case 450mm(W) x 350mm(D) x 175mm(H)
- Weight - 12kg
- Specimen chamber - 30mm(Dia.) x 40mm(H) (Tested to 3000 psi)
- Temperature gauge - 0-120 deg. C
- Thermal cut-out - 40 deg. C
- Pressure gauge - 0-3000 psi
- Pressure relief - At 1700 psi
- Rupture disc - At 1900 psi
- Peltier cooling/heating - 5 deg. C to 35 deg. C
- 4x On/off valves - 4 x on/off valves - cool/fill/out/bleed
- 1x Needle valve letdown - Fine bleed (in series with bleed)
- Includes - 1x Specimen holder stainless steel (12 compartments 8mm x 8mm) and 10x PTFE Porous Specimen Pots (18mm x 14mm Pack 10)
- NOTE - Flow gauge monitor option fitted externally in series with fine bleed. (0-2.2L/Min - CP03266-18)
- Services - Requires CO2 (local Supply) high pressure hose for direct connection. (High pressure hose included with instrument)
- Electrical - 230 Volts 50Hz (3 Amp Max.) 115 Volts 60Hz (6 Amp max.)
- Warranty - 3 Years all parts