Critical point dryer, large chamber
The design of the K3100 gives unequalled visibility of the critical point drying process and an unsurpassed view of the fluid level in the chamber. Unlike many of the more complex critical point dryer designs, it is much easier to see the phase change at the critical point.
The KE3100 critical point dryers consist of a cylindrical, water-cooled pressure chamber, horizontally mounted, with attached gauges and shut-off valves for process control. KE3100 has a larger chamber fitted than the previous KE3000 model. The chamber dimensions for KE3100 are 63.5mm internal diameter x 82mm in length.
- Proven reliability - over 6,000 critical point dryer installations world-wide.
- Simple robust construction - easy to maintain, many critical point dryer users carry out their own routine maintenance.
- Horizontal chamber and large viewing window - gives excellent visibility of the critical point drying process and of the fluid level in the chamber. Unlike many of the more complex critical point dryer designs it is much easier to see the phase change at the critical point.
- Large robust valves for ingress of CO2, draining of fluids and venting of gas. Very durable. The rapid ingress of CO2 helps prevent pre-drying of samples.
- Safety - every critical point dryer is independently pressure tested to 2500psi. A certificate is issued. A pressure bursting disc is fitted to safeguard against misuse.
- Sample handling - optional sample holders for coverslips and TEM grids. Porous pots are available for very small samples.
- KE4860 /240V - Recirculating heater/chiller 0.2HP (400 watts) pressure pump
- KE4860 /110V - Recirculating heater/chiller 0.2HP (400 watts) pressure pump
- KE3500 /240V - Thermocirculator (heating only ambient to 60 deg. C)