Uscope MXII slide scanner
Microscope slide scanner
Inexpensively scan 1 x 3" microscope slides for professional or personal use.
The uSCOPE MXII Digital Microscope Slide Scanner is a lightweight, compact, portable digital desktop slide scanner that can be mounted in your home, office or workplace laboratory for professional research applications. It's so easy to use, in less than 10 minutes you'll be fully operational. For a fraction of the cost of many other scanners, ease of use, portability and high-quality images are advantages of having a uSCOPE MXII. It's the only low-cost, high-performance slide scanner made on the market by the USA!
It captures pictures from normal glass slides and sends them to your PC, specifically designed to automatically create large image clips from stitching multiple viewpoints.
You may view slides interactively with full focus, image processing, and positioning control. You can also scan interesting regions to create fully focused picture sets.. Its unique slide holder design enables the capture in minutes of oversized slides and older thick slides. For briefing, publication or automated study, capture individual images or scan slides.
The uSCOPE MXII catches all of the sample or interest in multiple areas. In an impressive small form factor, this electronic workhorse provides unparalleled capabilities. Actual length is just over 4 x 6 x 8 inches! The uSCOPE MXII is a little larger than most hard drives, providing high-resolution digital pictures from standard or over-sized glass slides of 1 x 3 inches. LED lighting and colour camera HD 1920 x 1080 enable individual image capture and or mosaic image stitching. User-defined lens sequences allows you to apply multi-step image enhancement lenses to capture images or image sets (brightness, contrast, look-up tables, gamma control, sharpness, smoothing, and flat field correction).
Deep zoom image sets are easily created, allowing you to zoom in and out and navigate large slide scans.
The uSCOPE MXII is easily portable because of its compact size. The industry-standard USB interface makes it easy to connect and start taking pictures on the road or at work.It integrates seamlessly with traditional desktop or laptop computers and allows you to display and collect slide images in a broad range of environments. Provided with an integrated viewer, it is also possible to export proprietary images as PNG, JPEG or TIFF file formats.
Available in Three Models
The uSCOPE MXII-20 comes with a 20x/0.40NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This design is ideal for applications requiring very high field depth. It has a larger field depth than the uSCOPE MXII's higher power models, so tissue specimens and smears with more centred image can be thicker. This device may produce an image of very high quality when searching an area of focus or scanning it. It integrates seamlessly with regular desktop or laptop PCs based on Windows and allows you to display and capture a slide in a wide variety of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera.
The uSCOPE MXII-40 comes with a 40x/0.65NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This template will produce an image of very high quality when browsing or searching an area of interest. It interfaces seamlessly with standard Windows-based desktop or laptop PCs and enables you to display and capture a slide in a wide range of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 color camera.
The uSCOPE MXII-60 comes with a 60x/0.85NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This design is suitable for applications requiring very high resolution and edge interpretation. The uSCOPE MXII-60 has a smaller field depth than the uScopeMXII's lower power models. Tissue specimens and smears therefore need to be flatter or slimmer in order to eliminate long autofocus and longer processing times. This unit can capture images of very excellent quality while browsing or scanning an area of interest.
View more videos
Unlimited Scientific Applications
- Clinical Pathology
- Plant Pathology
- Cell Analysis
- Veterinary Examination
- Parasite Detection
Full Control of Imaging Parameters
The uSCOPE Navigator Platform allows you to navigate slides, scan interesting regions, view picture sets, create deep zoom image sets, apply image filtration processing to images, and manage your scan jobs.
- White Balance
- Colour (RGB)
- Contrast Stretch
- Histogram Equalisation
Features and Benefits
- Overview and Objective Cameras – The uSCOPE MXII has an objective camera for scanning and an overview camera for navigating.
- Automatic Focus – Images are automatically focused using configurable focus algorithms.
- Portability – At a weight of 6 lbs, the uSCOPE MXII is highly portable.
- Easy to Use – The uSCOPE Navigator Software simplifies scanning and browsing.
- Self-Contained – The uSCOPE MXII is self-contained and includes in a device about the size of an external disc drive the electronics, cameras, stage and optics.
- Full Imaging Control – Filters provide control of image processing and correction.
- Personal Digital Microscope – Most scientists share most electronic microscopes. The uSCOPE HXII may not be the case. The USCOPE HXII is engineered and priced for specific users.
- High-Quality Imaging – Using a 0.4 n.a 20X plan apochromatic objective, the uSCOPE MXII delivers high-quality, brightfield images at near wavelength-limited resolution. Outstanding field depth and digital magnification up to 400x make it the scientists first choice in performance. Optional 40x and 60x objectives are available. High-power objectives pull up close and personal pictures of your slides.
- Self-Contained Hardware – The uSCOPE MXII is a self-contained digital microscope.All electronics, cameras, stage and optics are stored in a device of that same size of an external disc drive. The only thing you really need is a laptop or desktop computer.
- Portible Design – The uSCOPE MXII is designed to be small, lightweight, and portable. It's small enough to fit inside most brief cases. As if it wasn't enough to research in the laboratory, you can now take home your life-saving research.
- Relaxed Environmental Requirements – The uSCOPE MXII is very sensitive of typical office and lab areas. Special, weighted tables are often not needed to capture clear, vibratory-free images.
- Cloud Computing Compatible – The uSCOPE MXII offers industry-standard image formats that can be used with computing services based on cloud.
- Simple Set Up –Without a group of IT professionals, users can easily set up and install the uSCOPE MXII, in less than 10 minutes. Many users can take the uSCOPE MXII from the box to view images in a short time frame. There is no need for specialized file servers, network interfaces, or high-performance desktop computers.
- Flexible API for Developers – The .Net compatible API allows developers direct hardware control of the uSCOPE MXII. In addition, the API provides support for a variety of image enhancement filters. Developers can use the API to integrate support for the uSCOPE MXII into existing analysis or imaging tools.
- uSCOPE MXII Digital Microscope, with 20x or 40x Objective, HD Camera and LED Lighting
- uSCOPE Navigator Software
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Wall Adapter Power Supply
- Test Slides
- Quick-Start Guide
- Printed User's Manual
|Slide Capacity||Single Slide|
|Illumination||Dual LED (White)|
|Overview Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|Slide Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.50Micrometre/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.25Micrometre/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.25Micrometre/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.125Micrometre/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.167Micrometre/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.083Micrometre/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|Image Capture||Single Image|
|Deep Zoom Image|
|Dimensions||4.12" (10.4 cm) W x 6.67" (19.9 cm) H x 8.84" (22.4 cm) D|
|PC Requirements||High Performance PC running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10|
|At least 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)|
|At least 10GB of available hard-disk space, 100GB or more is recommended depending on your imaging needs, a high-performance SSD (Solid State Drive) is highly recommended for image storage|
|Mouse or other pointing device|
|Several available USB ports|
|CPU Recommendation||Windows 7, 8 or 10 Desktop or Laptop PC with 1920 x 1080 Display Card|
|24" LED Monitor|
|Intel i5 3.2 GHz Processor, 12 GIG RAM, Terabyte Hard Drive|
|Available USB 2.0 Connection – uSCOPE cannot be run off a USB2 Hub|
|Line Voltage:||100VAC - 240VAC|
|Line Frequency||50Hz - 60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||50 deg. - 95 deg. F (10 deg. - 35 deg. C)|
|Storage Temperature||10 deg. - 105 deg. F (-12 deg. - 40 deg. C)|
|Relative Humidity||0% - 80% non-condensing|
|Warranty||Unconditional one year warranty
Includes one year of software updates which may be extend annually
The uSCOPE MXII is manufactured in the United States.