Fomblin 25/6 Vacuum oil
A perfluorinated polyether (PFPE) fluid that remains totally inert in vacuum pump operations. Fomblin suits most types of rotary vane pumps. Please note Fomblin is very expensive, so it is sensible to only 'fomblinise' a pump that takes a relatively small charge of Fomblin (considering pumping volume). Before using Fomblin a pump must be meticulously cleaned so no traces of mineral oil remain.
Fomblin has an almost unlimited life, and water contamination that is not removed by running the pump on baffle can be separated in a separating funnel. Just drain the fluid and pour into a separating funnel - water will float on top and Fomblin may be drained. If Fomblin is used in a diffusion pump, then the backing pump too must be mineral oil free. Fomblin should be used in the backing pump, unless a dry type of pump is employed.
- Does not react with most corrosive vapours or act as a fuel when pumping oxygen or oxidising agents.
- Withstands high temperatures and oxygen conditions (photo-resist stripping), processes forming Lewis acids (aluminium etching), products from sulphur hexafluoride etching, most acids, bases and oxidising agents.
- Applications include extreme operating conditions, pumping oxygen or other oxidants, photo-resist stripping, LPCVD, plasma etching and reactive ion etching
- Recommended for direct and belt-driven rotary vane pumps used in extreme operating conditions found in semiconductor processing.
- Specific gravity of 0.86 g/ml
Other viscosities available - ask
|Code||Title||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 23-01-2022|
|M004-1000||Fomblin 25/6 Vacuum oil||1kg||4 weeks||AU $1,166.00|