Denka LaB6 cathode
Lanthanum hexaboride (LaB6) is one of the best thermionic emission materials, because of its low work function and high melting point. DENKA LaB6 Cathode has been highly reputed as an electron source for electron microscopes and electron beam lithograph apparatus.
Single crystal of high purity and quality, grown by floating zone technique, provides stable emission characteristics. Sophisticated machining covers various cone angles and dimensions. It is the only DENKA that can provide the hemispherical shape tip.
- Low potential barrier (work function)
- High melting point and stability at high temperatures
- Low vapour pressure - reduces evaporation lost
- Chemical stability
- High brightness: LaB6 beam is ten times brighter than tungsten, has superior resolution - wide range of acceleration voltages. It provides sharp and clear pictures even to the smallest details. The initial brightness of a Denka Model 3 cathode (1 x 106 A/cm².Str) is substantially better than that of competing mini-vogel type cathodes (typically 5x105 A/cm².Str)
- Long life: Heat and vacuum are the final determinants of any cathode tip's life, but at 1550 deg. C and a vacuum of 10-7 Torr, a service life of about 500 hours can be achieved.
- Stability: Every Denka Model 3 cathode offers a stability of better than 3% per hour at 1550 deg. C
- Interchangeability: Denka Model3 LaB6 cathodes are designed as direct replacement for tungsten filaments.
|Operating temperature||≤ 1600 deg. C however operation ≤ 1550 deg. C strongly recommended|
|Operating pressure||≤ 2.7x10-4Pa (2x10-6Torr) however operation ≤ 2.7x10-5Pa (2x10-7Torr) strongly recommended|
|Heating electrical power||Power consumption ≤ 8.0W at 1550 deg. C|
|Typical life||500hr (depending on operating condition and circumstance)|
|LaB6 tip shape||90 deg. 15MicrometreR (standard type), 90 deg. 20Micrometreφ (long lifetime)|
The cathodes that are marked in stock can be dispatched immediately and are normally received within 1-2 day/s of ordering (please advise at the time of ordering that you require expedited shipping). If out of stock, cathodes may take 4-5 weeks to be delivered.
Please note that one base type suits LEO/ Zeiss/ CAMSCAN/ Cameca and TESCAN
|Code||Title||Tip||EM||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 03-12-2021|
|M68F-9015||Denka LaB6 cathode||standard 90/15, round||FEI/Philips||each||6 weeks||AU $1,432.00|
|M68F-9020||Denka LaB6 cathode||long life 90/20, flat||FEI/Philips||each||6 weeks||AU $1,326.00|
|M68H-9015||Denka LaB6 cathode||standard 90/15, round||Hitachi||each||6 weeks||AU $1,263.00|
|M68H-9020||Denka LaB6 cathode||long life 90/20, flat||Hitachi||each||6 weeks||AU $1,326.00|
|M68J-1950||Denka LaB6 cathode||standard 90/15, round||Jeol||each||6 weeks||AU $1,263.00|
|M68J-9020||Denka LaB6 cathode||long life 90/20, flat||Jeol||each||6 weeks||AU $1,326.00|
|M68Z-9015||Denka LaB6 cathode||standard 90/15, round||Zeiss||each||6 weeks||AU $1,263.00|
|M68Z-9020||Denka LaB6 cathode||long life 90/20, flat||Zeiss||each||6 weeks||AU $1,326.00|