The EMS 5000mz is a very competitively priced high precision unit with a z-axis deflection of only 1-2 microns and a blade advance controllable to 10 microns/sec. The EMS 7000smz unit has a sub-micron z-axis deflection and a blade advance controllable to 10 microns/second. On both units the section thickness step size is 0.001mm, and each vibrating microtome is supplied with its own z-axis calibration verifier. All types of sectioning are possible, including sectioning for visual patching of neurological tissue, heart, and lung.
The effect of excessive Z-axis deflection on the health and viability of the tissue preparation has been much discussed since the publication of Jonas et al (2003), and the EMS 7000smz will now deliver perfect sections every time with sub-micron Z-axis deflection across a wide range of vibration speeds and amplitudes.The affordable 5000mz offers almost the same features with Z-axis deflection of 1-2 microns at all vibration speeds and amplitudes, which is less than most other microtomes on the market.
The all-new user interface is both easy to use and versatile. The 7000smz and the 5000mz offer similar operation at the press of a button. The versatility includes simple operation at the push of a button or a range of changeable and programmable parameters, and a menu enables the settings of your own preferences.
Long working life and consistency
The EMS 7000smz also gives longevity of performance, in other words it not only gives submicron performance, but the advanced vibrating mechanism does not contain bearings and other components subject to wear. Consequently it will retain the sub-micron Z-axis deflection performance for years to come, giving consistency in biological preparation.
Tissue cooling is accomplished by the use of either an ice-water bath or an electronically controlled thermo-electric cooler. Other options include an LED cold light source and a magnifier or a stereoscope for clear observation whilst slicing.
- Includes a Z-axis devification device
- Z-axis blade adjust minimiser
- Custom blade holder with angle set to user requirement
- Set START and STOP position for blade travel
- Vibration speeds from 50 to 120 Hz
- Amplitudes from 0.5mm to 2.25mm
- Controlled blade advance at 10 microns per sec.
- Ice water bath easily removed for cleaning
- Optional LED light source
- Optional magnifier for clear observation
- Optional stereoscope, choice of x5-x10 fixed or x10-40 zoom for optimal observation
- On the EMS 7000smz additional features:
- Choice of manual or automatic operation
- Auto programming by storage of the first slicing speed and distance profile