Lynx II automated tissue processor
LYNX II is designed to be superior to the Lynx Tissue Processor, with many improvements along with the ability to handle larger size specimens for Histology. The Lynx II Automated Tissue Processor for Histology and Microscopy is a cutting-edge tissue processor that can work with any plastic resin or paraffin wax.
The Lynx II has an ability to hold 24 reagent vials for EM processing. HP (Histology processing) is optional and can be achieved with 12 larger size reagent vials. Lynx II has two independently operated heating/cooling stations in both EM and HP modes.
Operational Overview of Lynx II
Lynx II is a tissue processing system that operates in batch mode. Tissues may be prepared for EM or HP. Both types of tissues are handled in the same way: The sample arm is loaded with samples, and the reagent carousel is loaded with reagents. The Lynx II rotates the reagent carousel depending on the software chosen by the user until the selected reagent station is at the designated location.
The specimen is immersed in the reagent at the processing station. Based on the agitation and vacuum settings, the Lynx II periodically moves the sample arm to provide agitation and applies vacuum when agitation is not active. When the timer in a given reagent runs out, the sample is lifted and the processing station is rotated to the next reagent.
By using the program numbers, the user will pick the processing for EM or HP. Programs 1–10 are for EM processing, and programs 11–20 are for HP processing. In addition to selecting the correct program number, it is the end user's duty to use the correct carousel positions and the appropriate form of reagent vials depending on the choice of EM vs. HP processing. After properly configuring the machine for EM or HP processing, the operator loads the reagent carousel and samples, selects the desired program, and begins the run.
The sample is stored in the last reagent at the end of the run before the user removes it.
- 12 reagent vials for HP processing, each 125mL volume
- 24 reagent vials for EM processing, each 25mL volume
- 10 Programs for EM and 10 programs for Histology
- Two independently controlled heating/cooling stations
- Easy replacement of reagent carousel
- Paraffin processing
- Sample agitation
- Vacuum infiltration during processing
- Choice of plastic and metal containers for improved chemical compatibility and heat transfer
- Optional external media based interface to a PC for ease of programming and allowing for the editing of programs on a PC and the transfer of programs between the Lynx II and the PC
- Built-in fume extraction and ability to connect the discharge hose to lab exhaust system
- Internal battery back-up during power fail to protect the samples
- Ability to continue run after power interruption
- User Friendly Operator Interface
- Optional external UPS for continued processing during longer power outages
1. Lynx II is designed with the following functional modules.
- Rotary mechanism to rotate the reagents
- EM and HP reagent carousel
- Up/Down mechanism to move the sample in and out of the reagent as well as to provide the agitation
- EM and HP Sample arms
- Tight seal for all reagent containers except for the one at the processing station.
- Vacuum pump and a pressure sensor or a switch
- Two Peltier operated heating/cooling station with independent temperature sensors and controls
- Fume extraction fan and air flow sensor
2. Reagent Carousel - A reagent carousel, either a 24-position one for EM reagents or a 12-position one for HP reagents, can be mounted. Plastic and aluminum vials are also available.
3. Sample Arm
4. Agitation and Vacuum
5. Heating-Cooling Stations - has two separate and similar heating/cooling stations (HCS).
6. Fume Control
8. Seal for the Reagent Vials
During the processing, the materials used in the various components and subsystems of the Lynx II are compatible with the reagents mentioned below.
- Xylene Substitutes
- 10% bleach solution (to wipe clean the system)
- Osmium Tetroxide
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Propylene Oxide
- Epoxy/acrylic resins
9. Battery Operation During Power Outage Sensor - To protect the sample during a power failure.
|Max Height:||12.0" (cover closed)|
|Max Weight||50lb (32 kg)|
|Display:||8 lines x 20 column text only LCD|
|Keypad:||Membrane style keypad
with tactile feed back
|Mechanism Drive:||Stepper Motors|
|Power Requirements:||100 - 115 volts AC, 50-60 Hz, 8 Amps Max
230 volts AC, 50-60 Hz, 4 Amps Max
|Back-up power:||NiCd Battery, 12 volts, 1 Amp-hour|
|100 – 115 volt version||8 Amps x 250 Volts AC,
Time Delayed (Slo-Blo)
|230 volt version||5 Amps x 250 Volts AC, Time Delayed (Slo-Blo)|
|Operating Environmental Conditions:|
|Ambient Temperature:||20 to 32 o C (70 to 90 deg. F)|
|Relative Humidity:||20-80% non-condensing|
|Ambient Pressure:||28"-32" (70-80 mm) of Hg|
|Temperature:||10-40 deg. C (50 to 102 deg. F)|
|Pressure:||28"-32" (70-80 mm) of Hg|
Lynx II accessories and spare parts are also available - See PDF Download above
The Lynx II for Microscopy comes with: EM Sample Holder, EM Sample Arm, EM Carousel, Loading Jig, Power Cord, Operator Manual, Aluminium Containers (24), Plastic Containers (72), Plastic Caps (72), Exhaust Hose, Small Baskets (100), Large Baskets (100), Basket Lids (100), 2 Sample Record Note Pads, Spare Fuses.
The Lynx II for Histology comes with: Histo Sample Holder, Histo Sample Arm, Histo Carousel, Power Cord, Operator Manual, Histo Aluminium Containers (24), Histo Plastic Containers (36), Plastic Caps (36), Exhaust Hose, Small Cassettes (100), 2 Sample Record Note Pads, Spare Fuses.
The Lynx II for Microscopy and Histology comes with everything found in both units.
All of the above accessories may be purchased separate or in the kit.
|Code||Title||Style||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 29-06-2022|
|EL12600||Lynx II automated tissue processor||for microscopy||each||2 weeks||Quote only||Quote|
|EL12601||Lynx II automated tissue processor||for histology||each||2 weeks||Quote only||Quote|
|EL12602||Lynx II automated tissue processor||for microscopy and histology||each||2 weeks||Quote only||Quote|