Manual rotary microtome, large
This microtome has been designed for effortless manual sectioning using a counterbalanced, exceptionally smooth-running hand-wheel. Storage space on top of the instrument housing provides room for sectioning tools and accessories. This microtome features a low-maintenance micrometer feed system. The vertical cross-roller guides are backlash and maintenance free. A horizontal specimen feed via a precision cylinder guide system.
- Streamlined ABS body for easy cleaning
- Trimming button for easy switching between trimming and cutting mode
- Specimen retraction function protects specimen from blade damage
- Specimen feeding system uses the latest technology making specimen advance more precise
- Easily lubricated and maintained
- Smooth blade movement and rotation of hand wheel
- Disposable blade can move horizontally to avoid danger of contact with the blade
- Waste tray collects sectioning debris, easily removable for cleaning
- Adjustable specimen clamp base for quick exchange of cassette clamp and pincers clamp
- Specimen orientation on X/Y axes 8 deg.
- The large 70mm vertical stroke allows sectioning of super mega cassettes and also supports safer specimen changing due to the greater distance to the knife edge.
- Efficient trimming function - by activating the mechanical trimming function, the specimen advances towards the knife in a predefined step of 30ìm, which provides an efficient method of trimming specimen blocks.
- Specimen retraction prolongs the life of the cutting surface, facilitates consistent sectioning and eliminates the build-up of debris on the back of the knife or blade.
- Coarse adjustment - positioned closer to the user for ease of use.
- Cassette clamp and C clamp are optional
UM-MM245 manual microtome has chucks for both, wax blocks and histology cassettes. The trimming function has two different thicknesses allowing for one thick and one thin section - 10um and 30um.
- Section thickness range: 1~60um
- Section thickness setting:
- 1~10um, in 1um increment
- 10~20um, in 2um increments
- 20~60um, in 5um increments
- Trimming thickness: 10um and 30um
- Specimen retraction distance: about 60um
- Vertical specimen stroke: 70mm
- Horizontal specimen stroke: 25mm
- Max specimen size with cassette clamp (HxW): 40mmx28mm
- Max specimen size with C clamp (HxW): 55mmx40mm
- Specimen position: horizontally 8 deg. , vertically 8 deg.
Available with modern upright blade holder, or
or old type holder and to take TC knives
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 560 x 470 x 320mm
- Weight: 35kg
- ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, Quality Management Systems