PELCO EM Pro microwave vacuum chamber
New microwave vacuum chamber for microscopy sample preparation. Improved fixation and resin infiltration
- Made of chemically resistant, microwave-transparent polypropylene and designed for vacuum down to 20" of Hg (1 torr/1mm Hg) and temperatures up to 70 deg. C.
- Designed either to run a continuous vacuum during microwave processing or a vacuum cycle.
- Improves fixative penetration and ultrastructural preservation during microwave-assisted chemical fixation.
- Improves resin infiltration in the microwave and greatly reduces the turnaround times when compared to established microwave protocols.
- Can be used in or outside of the PELCO BioWave pro microwave tissue processor.
|Inside chamber||178mm diameter x 84mm height|
|Overall dimensions||203mm diameter x 111mm height|
Replacements and Accessories
- PEL3435-1 Replacement vacuum chamber L-gaskets, pk/2
- PEL000-400 L-gasket retaining bands, pk/3
- PEL3536-10 Top plate with temperature probe port (optional accessory)
- PEL36145-T Temperature restrictive temperature probe with PTFE coating for use with PELCO microwave processors (optional accessory)
- PEL92490-253 6.35mm ID, silicone vacuum hose, 0.9 meters
- PEL92490-256 6.35mm ID, silicone vacuum hose, 1.8 meters
- PEL020-001 3-way stopcock
If no house vacuum avaliable, we recommend the Diaphragm Vacuum Pump (VF3-220) to provide vacuum to this vacuum chamber.
Silicone vacuum hose, 6.35mm ID, Optional
Thick walled silicone vacuum hose with 6.35mm inside diameter and 12.7mm outside diameter. Sturdy, yet flexible material with wall thickness of 3.2mm, will not collapse under vacuum. Sold in lengths of 0.9 meters and 1.8 meters.
3-way Stopcock, can be placed in-line with the vacuum hose to hold vacuum and/or allow soft venting
Top plate with temperature probe port is optional.
Note that the temperature probe with cable connection for the PELCO BioWave pro microwave tissue processor is inserted is also optional. PELCO EM Pro Vacuum Chamber shown with optional top plate with temperature probe port and optional
Temperature probe in place. See Table 1 The effect of microwaves/vacuum on the sample processing times for electron microscopy
PELCO EM Pro vacuum chamber, techical notes (270kb pdf)
|E3536||PELCO EM Pro microwave vacuum chamber||each||2 weeks||AU $1,721.00|