HALO Wireless Beer pH Meter
Easily measure pH in mash, wort, and finished beer with the FC2142 Wireless Beer pH Meter. This HALO is designed for home and craft beer makers.
The specialized electrode features a durable titanium body, high temperature glass sensor, and an extendable cloth type junction for renewable electrode life. All readings are transmitted directly to your Apple or Android device or the edge®blu.
- Take laboratory grade pH and temperature measurements using your smart phone or tablet.
- HALO's smart system tells you when your electrode needs cleaning or calibration.
- Great for any brewery, kitchen, or food laboratory.
The HALO Wireless Beer pH Meter incorporates Bluetooth Smart technology with an application-specific design to measure beer pH. Several features that make it ideal for measuring the pH in beer, mash, and wort.
High Temperature Glass Formulation
High Temperature (HT) glass can stand up to the effects of elevated temperatures leading to longer probe life.
Renewable Cloth Junction
The FC2142 features a cloth junction. When clogged, simply clear the junction by simply extracting 1/8” of the junction from the electrode to expose a new portion, resulting in a renewed junction.
The titanium body offers increased durability that is ideal for rough environments.
Display of beer pH and temperature updated every second. Readings are automatically saved to a history file every hour, limited only by the available memory on the device.
Fluid, Dynamic Graphing
Measurements can be displayed alone on the display, with tabulated data, or as a graph. The graph can be panned and zoomed with pinch-to-zoom technology for enhanced viewing.
GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Displays date and time of current calibration, offset, and average slope, along with calibrated buffers, mV values, temperature and slopes between each buffer.
Calibration Reminder & Measurement Alarms
The Hanna Lab App alerts you when HALO needs calibration or if a measurement threshold is exceeded.
Log & Share Data
Saved log files may be annotated with measurement-specific information. Data is easily shared via email in CSV format.
Help & Tutorials
Demo mode helps you explore features of the Hanna Lab App. General app information, HALO information, pH tutorial, maintenance tutorial, and contact information are available in help.
Connects to Hanna Lab App with a compatible Apple or Android Device via Bluetooth Smart Technology (Bluetooth 4.0)
Up to five-point pH calibration with seven standard pH buffers available
- Alerts you when HALO pH meter for beer needs calibration
- Appropriate preprogrammed calibration buffer set for application specific Halo pH electrodes
- Displays pH and temperature updated every second
- Displays date and time of current calibration along with offset and average slope
- Displays date and time of current calibration, offset and average slope along with calibrated buffers, mV values, temperature and slopes between each buffer
- Measurement can be displayed with tabulated data or as a graph. The graph axes may be expanded using pinch-to-zoom technology for enhanced viewing
- Alerts you if the measurement threshold is exceeded
- Pressing either the icon in the Hanna Lab App or button on the HALO will tag sample data for easy reference
- Saved log files may be annotated with measurement specific information
- Data is autosaved every hour
- All data since last autosave
- Annotations only
- All data within a timed interval
- Annotations only within a timed interval
Help and tutorials:
- Demo mode to help explore features of the Hanna Lab App
- General app information
- General HALO information
- pH tutorial
- Maintenance tutorial
- Contact information
HALO is compatible with the following devices:
Compatible with most devices equipped with Bluetooth Smart Technology (Bluetooth 4.0) and running Android 4.3 or later.
iPad (3rd generation or newer)
iPhone (4S or newer)
iPod Touch (5th generation or newer)
HI2202 edgeblu Meter
Information about which products have Bluetooth Smart Technology (4.0), also known as low energy (LE), can be found here.
|Junction / Flow Rate||cloth|
|Range||pH: 0.00 to 13.00|
|Body Length / Overall Length||120 mm / 183 mm|
|Recommended Operating Temperature||0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F)|
|Environment||0.0 to 50.0°C (32.0 to 122.0°F), electronic module is not waterproof|
|Connection||Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4.0), 10 m (33') range|
|Battery Type/Life||CR2032 3V lithium ion / approximately 500 hours|
|Applications||beer, mash, wort|
Hanna Lab App Measurement Specifications
|Range||-2.000 to 16.000 pH / ±800 mV / -20.0 to 120.0 ºC *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits)|
|Resolution||0.1, 0.01, 0.001 pH / 1, 0.1 mV|
|Accuracy (@25ºC/77ºF)||±0.005 pH / ±0.3 mV|
|Calibration Points||Up to five points with seven standard buffers|
|Calibration Buffers||1.68, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01, 12.45 pH|
|Temperature Compensation||Automatic from -5.0 to 100.0 ºC / 23.0 to 212.0 ºF *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits)|
|Compatibility/System Requirements||Android: Compatible with most devices equipped with Bluetooth Smart Technology (Bluetooth 4.0) and running Android 4.3 or later. iOS: Compatible with iPad (3rd generation or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th generation or newer)|
|Download Information||Hanna Lab App is available free from the Play Store or App Store|
|Code||Title||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 02-07-2022|
|EFC2142||HALO Wireless Beer pH Meter||Each||2 weeks||AU $423.00|